Tuesday 13 August 2013

Replikating

I'm so sorry everyone about the lack of posts recently! With two fashion shows coming up and keeping up with Etsy orders, I haven't had much energy for anything else.

Today I thought I would share with you part of what I create! I have my main fashion label under my own name and on the side I like to recreate replicas of dresses worn by the Duchess of Cambridge.
 Random, I know!

I've always been fascinated by the relationship between royalty and fashion, it started with The Queen, Princess Diana & Grace Kelly, and this also led into an interest in Kate Middleton's style.

I focus on bespoke pieces that she has worn, these are custom garments that were made for her. This means that I can make something very similar available to the general public at a lower price.

When the Duchess presented baby George to the world, women everywhere flocked to the internet to try and find a similar look, and amazingly enough I already had fabric close to the original so I thought I would give it a go!



The original fabric was a silk, but I went for a lovely Japanese cotton that had a lovely sheen to it, and a beautiful drape.

I already had a similar pattern, this had a fitted bodice and full skirt, all I had to do was add the waist belt, which is fastened by belt loops on each side.
So here is the final product, modeled by the lovely Charlotte.



You can purchase the dress on Etsy here.


No comments:

Post a Comment