Sunday 2 June 2013

Diana Style

I apologize for the lack of posts recently! Things have been busy but hopefully I'm now back in action.
Today's post is not about Fifties style but is still vintage!

Some years back I became fascinated with Princess Diana, I loved her grace and elegance, her work to bring attention to various humanitarian causes and of course her style.

Some may look at outfits she wore as 1980's disasters, but I always think she somehow managed to pull off everything she wore with such class! Here I leave you with some of my favorite Princess Diana outfits from my tumblr: royalthreads.tumblr.com

princess diana royal royalty british fashion style revenge dress black sheep jumper 80s 90s

princess diana royal royalty fashion style british pink red dress catherine walker pink shift outfit

princess diana fashion royal royalty style casual outfit shift dress tights winter chanel bag shoes

princess diana fashion style royal royalty red coat military green pleated skirt pink suit

princess diana fashion royal royalty style mother theresa chanel white suit beaded evening dress prince charles summer sailing shorts dodi al fayed 90s

princess diana royal royalty fashion style skirt pleats military white pink silk satin skirt shoes


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you completely! Diana had a graceful, classic elegance all her own and I've long admired her style, too. She was definitely a big influencing factor in the sloane ranger trend of the 80s (which I love - much like its preppy 80s North American counterpoint), and had a huge role on many women's hairstyles during her life, too. Even over here in Canada, I remember my mom and many of her friends having Di style cuts in the late 80s/early 90s.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the shoulder pads! I quite liked some of her later outfits, and the blue jeans in the car look is pretty classic too.

    ReplyDelete