Saturday 12 January 2013

Chanel Pre-fall 2012

I have a love/hate relationship with Chanel at times. Like many other fashion houses they can be a bit hit and miss, I've always been more of a Dior girl myself! But when I came across a video of their 2012 pre-fall collection I was in love.
My love and fascination with India was passed down from my dads interest in the country and its wildlife, so this collection struck a chord in me.

From Fashionologie;

"Chanel's Pre-Fall 2012 Metiers d'Art runway show guests were seated at an elaborate banquet set up in the Grand Palais in Paris, where they were served champagne, guava juice, tea, and miniature cakes and sandwiches. An antique silver train with the double-C Chanel logo ran around the central banquet table."

Chanel's shows can be quite minimalist and clean cut, but this one was the height of opulence, yet didn't distract from the garments themselves.


The collection was inspired by India's colors, fabrics and jewels-and the music was perfect.




                                      








5 comments:

  1. I rather like the ornate details of these designs, they're more bejeweled, so to speak, that Channel generally goes, but when all is said and done, I'm still more of a Dior girl myself, too.


    Wishing you a gorgeous weekend, honey!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have photos of these stolen from style.com I think. But hang on isn't it sort of a haute couture range? Karl also did a eygptian one of these previous.. nice blog sam wish I had followers like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Simon, it's all about connecting with other blogs :D I don't think this was couture but Dior did a couture egyptian show back in 2004 I think? it's one of my favourites!

      Delete
  3. /Simon Richards Co/2012/screen storyboard/chanel25_16g0fil-16g0frp.jpg/Simon Richards Co/2012/screen storyboard/chanel23_16g0fnb-16g0frr.jpg/Simon Richards Co/2012/screen storyboard/chanel7_16g0fpv-16g0frt.jpg

    ReplyDelete