Tuesday 23 October 2012

Double Indemnity

When it comes to my fashion design I can draw inspiration from any number of things but mostly they come from movies.
I'm a huge fan of film and in particular movies of the forties and fifties.








Double Indemnity was both the first film noir and the first film starring Barbara Stanwyck that I ever saw and I loved it so much that it inspired me to create a dress after it.

 While the dress may seem simple, it's actually what I wanted to achieve. It's about light, dark, contrast and drama being created through the strong feminine silhouette and the wearer making a strong visual impact.

Dress available here.

2 comments:

  1. I share your love of 1940s and 50s films, too. Those decades are filled with such amazing actors, actresses, directors, and stories - not to mention incredible fashions and hairstyles. Around my house, if I'm not watching the history channel, then I'm most likely got the tube set to TCM :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Oh how wonderful, wish I had that channel! x

      Delete